Reflection in pond
Taken from a series of self portraits which tell the story of the ghost of Camila O’Gorman.
Camila was a socialite in 19th century Argentina. She was executed over a scandal involving her relationship with a Roman Catholic priest. She was only 20 years old and eight months pregnant when she her lover faced a firing squad.
Sharing the same surname as Camila and that of Irish ancestry, I encountered the tragic story of Camila whilst living in Buenos Aires.
Hearing rumours of the ghost of Camila which inhabited a house in Tigre in the province of Buenos Aires where Camila's brother once lived, I gained access to the home.
I spent weeks here interpreting Camila's final days through a series of atmospheric and emotive self portraits.
Due to the movement and and use of natural light and shadows, the resulting images have an intriguing painterly quality them along with telling a very fascinating story!
The frame is for illustrative purposes only - it is NOT included.
- The photographs are printed on Fine Art Matte Hahnemühle Paper.
- Image sizes include a small white border for mounting.
- The Prints are stamped and numbered on the back.
- All photographs are printed using the Giclee print method.
- Prints are 100% archival - meaning the colour will not fade.
- Each photograph is a Limited Edition Print. Once the number of copies stated are sold, this photograph will no longer be for sale.
- Each is stamped and numbered on the back.
Shipping and delivery:
- All Photographs are printed to order.
- Giclee Archival Prints can take up to 5 working days to prepare.
- International Shipping costs will be calculated at the check out.
Prints up to 30x40cm are carefully packaged in a clear archival sleeve are sent in a rigid cardboard envelope using an envelope stiffener to avoid any bending.
Prints larger than 30x40cm are wrapped in archival tissue for protection and are sent in wide 100mm diameter tube.