Dublin will be written in my heart
One of the most famous quotes about Dublin by James Joyce..
....despite the fact he never actually uttered these words as such... the story goes that there was an English queen who said that when she died the word ‘Calais’ would be written on her heart, to which Joyce reponsded that 'Dublin' will be found in his..
The quote "When I die, Dublin will be written in my heart" has since been used over and over with reference to both Dublin and Joyce.. even by President Biden!
I have overlaid the quote on a photograph of Dublin. Between O'Connell and the ha'penny Bridge is a stretch of the boardwalk and some typical Georgian style architecture.... a familiar scene facing the north side of the river. Taken on a very cold day in winter.. ( I remember my hands were soooo cold, I could hardly press the shutter), but it has resulted in a moody shot which I think suits the Dublin I know.
* artwork comes unframed. The framed photographs are for illustration purposes only.
* print colours may vary slightly from your monitor.
- The photographs are printed on Fine Art Matte Hahnemühle Paper.
- Image sizes include a small white border for mounting.
- The Prints are stamped and numbered on the back.
- All photographs are printed using the Giclee print method.
- Prints are 100% archival - meaning the colour will not fade.
- Each photograph is a Limited Edition Print. Once the number of copies stated are sold, this photograph will no longer be for sale.
- Each print comes with a signed, stamped and numbered certificate of authenticity.
Shipping and delivery:
- All Photographs are printed to order.
- Giclee Archival Prints can take up to 5 working days to prepare.
- International Shipping costs will be calculated at the check out.
Prints up to 30x40cm are carefully packaged in a clear archival sleeve are sent in a rigid cardboard envelope using an envelope stiffener to avoid any bending.
Prints larger than 30x40cm are wrapped in archival tissue for protection and are sent in wide 100mm diameter tube.
The prints come packaged together with your signed and dated Certificate of Authenticity. Each print comes with a promotional postcard and a sticky label which can be placed on the back of your framed print or on the front of your fridge to share details of your purchase with family and friends!